On May 20th
HHP Founder, Jesse Gould, completed a 100 mile ultramarathon in 31 hours to promote the need of psychedelic research. During the event we hosted a live Q&A with some of the world's leading psychedelic experts.
Check it out!
Reddit AMA- Expert Guest List
1) JESSE GOULD is a Cornell University graduate, former Army Ranger, and founder of the Heroic Hearts Project - a non-profit focused on raising awareness of ayahuasca therapy as a PTSD treatment option within the veteran community. Jesse will be answering questions while running a 100 mile ultra marathon in Key West, Florida.
2) MARIYA GARNET is an ayahuasquera and sound healer with over 10 years of experience. Having begun doing plant dietas in Peruvian Amazon in 2008, Mariya moved to Peru and dedicated herself full time to shamanic apprenticeship and healing work. Having built and ran a retreat in the Amazon, Mariya has worked with thousands of people following both her native Siberian shamanic tradition and Amazonian vegetalismo path. These days Mariya spends most of her time in Canada dedicating herself to her family, Shamanic Sound Healing work and online counselling focused on psychological preparation and integration of the ayahuasca medicine.
Sat, May 19th @ 11:00am-1pm EST
3) BRYCE MONTGOMERY is the Associate Director of Communications at Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) and also serves as a volunteer for their Zendo harm reduction project which applies the therapeutic principles and practices developed in their research settings to alternative real-world applications where users of psychedelic drugs can benefit from the support, guidance, and nurturance of well trained and caring staff.
Sat, May 19th @ 1pm-3pm EST
4) SHIMA ESPAHBODI, PhD is trained in both clinical sciences and psychotherapeutic approaches. She is co-founder with Dr Robin Carhart-Harris of the new charity GLOBAL PSYCHEDELIC RESEARCH launching on 9/20 (http://www.globalpsychedelicresearch.org). She worked as a scientist at the University of Oxford prior to returning to the Peruvian Amazon to work alongside indigenous curanderos learning about Ayahuasca's therapeutic potential. She has an integral/holistic approach to psychotherapy encompassing work with clients struggling with symptoms diagnosed as Bipolar, PTSD, CPTSD, Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), depression, anxiety, and other issues. She is interested the relationship between chronic pain, depression and anxiety with patients who suffer from chronic disease and how plant medicines can be used to resolve these issues.
Sat, May 19th @ 3pm-4.30pm EST
5) JOE TAFUR, MD - For the last decade, family physician Dr. Joe Tafur, author of "The Fellowship of the River", has been exploring the role of spiritual healing in modern healthcare. At Nihue Rao Centro Espiritual - an ayahuasca healing centre in the Amazon jungle of Peru, Dr. Tafur supervised traditional education for allopathic (Western) medical students. He is now developing new educational programs for Modern Spirit. Dr. Tafur currently works part-time as a family physician in the United States and continues as a medical consultant to Nihue Rao Centro Espiritual.
Sat, May 19th @ 4.30pm-6pm EST
100% of donations go towards veterans in need
HHP is a registered 501(c)3 non profit. All Donations are tax deductible.